10 questions with Vanessa Gillette
Published: Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Updated: Tuesday, October 9, 2012 12:10
2012 is Gillette’s first season with the Brockport women’s soccer team after transfering from Jamestown Community College.
She is Brockport’s leading scorer with 10 goals and four assists, for 24 points on the season.
Gillette also played soccer at Monroe Community College during the 2009 - 2010 seasons, where she scored 17 goals and had eight assists.
1) What got you interested in soccer?
— My dad at first then the Buffalo Blizzards pro soccer team when I was about 6.
2) What are some of your pre-game rituals?
— [I wear the] same head band for every game and have to have the same compression shorts. [I also have the] same seat on the bus putting on my socks and cleats the same way every time.
3) What were some of you and your team’s goals going into this season?
— Winning nationals and to just go out every game believing in each other and ourselves and winning every game and getting better every practice.
4) If you could train with any athlete, who would it be and why?
— Megan Rapinoe because she’s my favorite women’s national team player and she’s a great player and hilarious.
5) What’s your secret to success?
— Believe in ourselves.
6) What made you pick Brockport?
— The athletic training program
7) If you weren’t playing soccer, what sport would you be playing?
— None. Soccer is my life.
8) What’s something you want to accomplish before you graduate?
— 3.8 GPA or higher.
9) Is there anything you want your team or the readers to know?
— I love my team and would sacrifice anything for the team to help win. BWS.
10) MLS or European Leagues?
— Manchester United.