BSG roundup: Service fee increase, April Concert
Brockport Student Government (BSG) began the Feb. 25 board meeting with a presentation by Johnna Frosini, a member of the Parking Advisory Committee who is responsible for Parking & Transportation Services.
She began by asking that the current Parking & Transportation fee be raised from $19.50 to $20.50, which amounts to a $1 increase. It would be implemented at the start of the next school year.
Parking & Transportation is currently run by the Brockport Auxilary Service Corporation (BASC). In order to monitor the quality of service provided, a mystery rider was employed and students were asked to take surveys provided by shuttle drivers and available online. Roughly 1,200 students responded.
With the fee increase, Parking & Transportation Services said it plans to implement a new series of services for the coming school year. Small focus groups will be summoned this summer to give feedback on the possiblity of a new mobile application that would display the times and routes that would be available. Also, additional runs to travel hubs during semester breaks as well as a new service that would allow clubs and organizations to charter busses to destinations of their choosing would be discussed.
Programming Director Nick Morticelli said roughly 1,000 tickets had been sold so far for the spring concert featuring Sammy Adams. When mentioning the upcoming unnamed April concert, he confirmed country and rap artists in addition to a DJ would be on the bill. He also said BSG is working on obtaining a rock band for the event, either Parachute or New Found Glory.
A motion to extend the deadline for earning the required number of club points in order to be eligible for a budget for the coming school year to March 15 was approved.
Service Representative David Babb introduced an idea to break up the reach of off-campus representatives into eight different districts, ranging from Buffalo to Syracuse. Three of the districts were not mapped out at the time it was introduced in the meeting.
Babb stated this idea was an "effort to start the communication process" and was a "step in the right direction."
However, most of the board decided while his initiative was appreciated, it was not the correct time to discuss the matter. Off-campus representatives were encouraged to meet with Babb at a later time to elaborate on this further.
BSG announced Monday, Feb. 25 through social media that programming to replace Brock-the-Port will be held April 27. Details such as the name of the event or specific artists have not been released.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More thestylus News Articles
Recent thestylus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THESTYLUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THESTYLUS NEWS
- Brockport ice hockey drops season opener
- Brockport shocked by sudden loss of dance student
- The Pint: Crafting A Nation & Craft Beer University
- RPO takes Brockport on an exotic adventure
- Domestic violence advocate Katz speaks at SERC
- Poster contest endorses positive body image
- Entertainment Review: Somewhere Under Wonderland - Counting Crows
RECENT THESTYLUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Skydiving Vikings to Deliver Minnesota's Game Ball
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!