10 questions with Eliah Golding
Published: Monday, February 13, 2012
Updated: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 14:02
1) What is your favorite memory as a wrestler?
— Traveling when I was young with my father and grandfather to wrestling tournaments.
2) Who got you started in wrestling?
— My physical education teacher handed out sign-up forms, and I signed up in first grade.
3) Who's your biggest inspiration and why?
— My daughter, Kaydence, because she's a constant reminder that I need to do everything I can to succeed in school and life so I can provide her with the best life I can.
4) What are some of your pre-match rituals?
— Before a match I talk to my coach Joe DeMeo from home, then listen to music and get my mindset on winning.
5) If you could meet one athlete, who would it be and why?
— Brent Metcalf (amateur wrester, currently at University of Iowa), because his thought process of domination is unbelievable.
6) What were your goals going into the season?
— To become an NCAA Champion.
7) What is your favorite move?
— The suplay (Greco-Roman wrestling).
8) What is your favorite meal that you can't have during the season?
9) Who did you want to win the Super Bowl?
— The Giants.
10) Is there anything you want the people to know or a message that you want to give to your team?
— I would like to tell our team to keep training hard and dreaming of big things — anything is possible. We have a bunch of great guys, and we need to continue to do what it takes to be a Final Four and National Championship team.